Friday, November 10, 2023

In the city of pines, Baguio

At twenty to one in the night, Mr. JM Hook started the engine to set off to the Highly Urbanized City, Baguio. It was 4702 KM away from Manila. 

When I got the first glimpse of the city at 5 am, the vivid image of Punakha Dongkhag appeared in my head seeing the pine trees. 

As well, it made me miss Orong Gewog in Samdrup Jongkhar as the city is located on the hill station. 

In my mind, I thought that the organizers were taking us to Rice Terraces, the eighth wonder of the world. But to our surprise, we were at Igorot Stone Kingdom.

The Igorot Stone Kingdom is a man-made park and it is one of the most popular tourist destinations. It showcases the Igorot rock-laying skills, their creativity as well as their indigenous culture, values, way of life, and tradition.

Seeing this tourism product and lots of people visiting the place, I also found a way to be creative and come up with unique, similar but different-themed tourism products, especially for our neighboring Dzongkhags and Indians. 

Next, to our further surprise, organizers have planned the trip to Mirador Heritage and Eco-Spirituality Park. [Read the details here:

https://hiketomountains.com/mirador-heritage-and-eco.../...]

This Eco-spirituality Park hinted me to revisit and devise an opportunity option for the Dewathang Community Forest's park which has become a white elephant for so long. 

After our trip, as usual, to burn my fat, towards the evening, I participated with my travel companions on foot to SM Mall and  Street shops. We did some eye-shopping as well bought some articles which were in our range.

Notably, now I can operate a complex lift, eat with tableware, and move on to the escalator. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment