Tuesday, March 19, 2019

What shall I become?


I say I am in science,
To my innocent parents.
But, in return they say
“What is science?”
What would I say,
Then to explain to them
That I shall become a doctor,
An engineer and an architect
They beam like a candle.
Shine like a diamond.
Swim like a golden fish.
But they do not know
That there are many
Who shall become a doctor,
An engineer and an architect.

                                                                They are happy that
                                                         Their son is studying in Punakha,
                                                       Punakha Higher Secondary school.
                                                                      When I was five,
                                                                 My teacher used to ask
                                                                “What is your ambition?”
                                                               I stood up, made my hands
                                                                        In circular shape
                                                              And then answered, “Doc-tor”
Now I am nineteen,
When the same question is asked,
I do not answer
Instead, I drop my head
And I become apple red.
For I now the volume of
Chemistry, biology and physics.

                                                                     Chemistry is a mystery.
                                                                     That has endless history.
                                                                    The Alchemist can convert
                                                                            Lead to gold.
                                                                    While I cannot even perfect
                                                                           Simple equations.
                                                                   Reproduction was ABC in ten
                                                                     Now in twelve, it’s the core.
                                                                   I considered everything in physics
                                                                      Now it has reached the extend
                                                               Whereby, I have to consider my self,
What shall I become?
A DOCTOR, AN ENGINEER OR
ARCHITECT.

No comments:

Post a Comment