Tuesday, April 23, 2019

The Trial of Godilocks_The Verdict



                 
CLERK [Takes a deep breath]

Review are viewed
Now, it is to be chewed
Of what taste it will come
To convict one to scum.

JUDGE: [He gives an owl look to the clerk]

What is there to chew?
If there is, let me too.

CLERK[Exasperated]

Your honor!
It has been an hour
Since morning, we are doing the case
That Godilcoks has in maze
.
JUDGEoh! Jerk.  No, I mean, clerk.
Then, let us embark.
Order, order, order in my room
The case shall resume.

DEFENSE LAWER [Eloquently he defends the convict]

My lord! My Lord! My Lord!
You heard the record.
Woe me and woe my client
For life is less in their complaint.


JURY [They nod their heads in agreement]

PROSECUTTOR [Bangs the table]

No! Not, my lord
He has less explored
Woe me, woe my bears
And Goldilocks, not to spare.
She did the bears the worst.
That made the baby bear burst.
Justice, Justice and justice
My lord! Justice.

JURY[They nod their heads in agreement]

JUDGE [summons Godilocks to take a stand]
Miss Godlilocks.

GODLILOCKS [weary and pathetic]
yes , your honor

JUDGEMiss, You are accused
Of you intently misused,
Three bears possession
Thus, you are liable for conviction.

GODLILOCKS[Defiant]

I admit I have done
But I did in the sun
How it is a crime?
I only rhyme.

JUDGE 
No, No. You are not child
The way you are wild
Now, let’s hear our first witness
To clear cut the fuss.

MAMABEAR [comes shrieking, drenched with tear]
Mercy me, Mercy me, Mercy me
My lord, we three.
My baby’s soup, chair and bed
All lay sadly spread
Poor me, poor my baby bear.
This isn’t anyway fare.

GODLILOCKS[Agitated, she shakes and shriek]

I…I came to wood
To seek mood
Then I came across cottage
Curious, I found courage
Surprisingly, the door was ajar
So I did think it bizarre.
In there, I found soup
So I drank and snoop.
There was a chair
Which was mane of mare.
Upstairs was a soft bed
In which I laid mad.
What wrong is this?
For other child too cannot miss.

JUDGE[he puts down the gavel hard]
Order! Order! And order.
We are now quite in a stir.

MAMABEAR [Exasperated]

The soups were hot
So we decided to tout.
My poor soup, I have made
Without seeing it bade.
Heart was my make
Sad was it to take.

JUDGE [He looks curiously at Mama Bear]
Hum! What was it like?
Will you make me alike?

MAMABEARit is wheat from a hill
That is beaten finely in a mill.
Quadrilateral cheese with spicy
That’s breathtaking fancy.
One slurp is elixir
That makes people seer.

JUDGE [Quickly, he stand up and says]
The court adjourns.

CLERK [Confused]
But, my lord!


JUDGE [he quickly sits back and puts his gavel down]
Order! Order! Order!
Now, I decide
Not to reside
To this case
Done are we with chase.
So, I pronounce the verdict
That shall be my edict.
Thus, Godilocks is guilty.
The court adjourns.

JURY [Shocked and agitated]
This is in anyways no good,
Leaving Godilocks so cold.
What are we here for,
If we are not to roar?
No justice, no fair
Thus, we shall not be a lair

JUDGE [Winks at Jury]
Off the sense you are
To have not known to care
 Of What I have said
“The MAMA BEAR’s Bread.”
I shall share half
With you, my calf

CLERK[wearily reminds the judge]
We are not in the shed, your honor
Do not get, my lord, so minor.

JUDGE [Bemused]
That is good of you
Order!  Order!  Order!

JURY [contented]
We shall be as our lord says
And there shall not be greys
Thus, we too declare
Of no one to snare
But to fill what is empty
So we decide, with almighty
That Godilocks is guilty.












No comments:

Post a Comment